About this policy
- St Catherine’s College (the College) is committed to providing an environment free from harassment and bullying, 所有的教职员工和学生都得到了待遇, and treat others, 带着尊重和尊严.
- This policy covers harassment or bullying that occurs in the context of work or study at the College, 无论是否在其前提下. 它涵盖教职员工、学生和第三方的欺凌和骚扰，包括:
- 作为“员工”, any tutor, fellow, 研究主任, College Advisor, 高级休息室会员, employee, or other person engaged by the College in any capacity or to whom the College offers any of the privileges or facilities normally available to its employees;
- As ‘students’, any matriculated, visiting or associate student of any category; and
- This policy does not form part of any person’s employment or student contract with the College and may be amended by the College at any time. It has been made by the Governing Body of the College as a Regulation under Clause 3 of College Statute I.
- 骚扰是任何不想要的身体骚扰, 语言或非语言行为 that has the purpose or effect of violating a person’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, 羞辱性或攻击性的环境. It also includes treating someone less favourably because they have tolerated or refused to tolerate such behaviour in the past. It does not include the expression of ideas and opinions in the course of or contribution to genuine academic or intellectual debate and deliberation.
- 骚扰可能涉及性性质的行为(性骚扰)或与年龄有关, disability, gender reassignment, gender identity, 婚姻或民事伴侣身份, 怀孕或生育/亲子鉴定, race, colour, nationality, 民族或民族出身, religion or belief, 性别或性取向, 但即使不属于上述任何一类，也是不可接受的. A single incident can amount to harassment, as can a series of incidents over any period of time. A person may be harassed by conduct of which they were not immediately aware or to which they did not immediately object, or by conduct of which they were not the intended target (such as racist jokes about a different ethnic group that create an offensive environment). 骚扰还可包括下列行为:
- Unwanted physical conduct or ‘horseplay’, including touching, pinching, pushing and grabbing;
- Unwelcome sexual advances or suggestive behaviour (which the harasser may perceive as harmless);
- 欺负是进攻, intimidating, malicious or insulting behaviour involving the misuse of power that can make a person feel vulnerable, upset, 侮辱或威胁. 权力可能来自于实际或感觉权威的职位, 或者来自于通过恐惧或恐吓进行胁迫的能力. 它可以是物质的, 语言或非语言行为, 在任何一段时间内涉及一个或一系列事件. A person may be bullied by conduct of which they were not immediately aware or to which they did not immediately object. 欺凌可能包括以下行为:
- Legitimate, 对某人的表现或行为的合理和建设性的批评, 在某人的工作或学习过程中给予的合理的指示, 难道不等于欺负自己吗.
- 如果你被骚扰或欺负, you should consider whether you feel able to raise the problem informally with the person responsible. If you do, explain clearly to them that their behaviour is not welcome or makes you uncomfortable. 如果这太困难或令人尴尬, 或者如果你不确定如何继续, 你应该向学院或大学的骚扰顾问咨询(详情见 http://www.280773.com/harassment/help-and-advice/),或者:
all of whom will be able to provide you with confidential advice and assistance in resolving the matter and accessing any counselling or other support you may need. You may also wish to speak with your union representative (if you are a member for example of the 大学及学院联合会 or of the AG真人娱乐官网学生会).
- 如果你觉得第8段中描述的那种非正式步骤是不合适的, 还是没有成功, 你应该根据有关的学院申诉程序提出此事. 对于学生来说，这包含在第一段中.3 of the 学生会员须知及规则; for members of non-academic staff it is contained in the 有关提出申诉的政策及指引; and for members of academic staff it is contained in 学院章程第六部分 and 十二、学院章程.
- The person responsible under these procedures for investigating your complaint will do so in a timely and confidential manner, 在可能的情况下，得到有适当经验的人的支持. Details of the investigation and the names of the person making the complaint and the person accused will only be disclosed on a ‘need to know’ basis. Consideration will be given to whether any steps are necessary to manage any ongoing relationship between you and the person accused during the investigation.
- 一旦调查结束，你会被告知结果. If you are found to have been harassed or bullied by a member of staff or student of the College, the matter will be dealt with under the appropriate College procedure as a case of possible or serious misconduct. 如果骚扰者或欺负者是第三方，如供应商, 学院的访客或大学的成员, 学院将考虑采取什么适当的行动来处理这个问题. 不管你的申诉是否得到支持, consideration will be given as to how best to manage any ongoing working or academic relationship between you and the person concerned.
- Any member of staff or student who makes a complaint or who participates in good faith in any investigation must not suffer any form of retaliation or victimisation as a result. Anyone found to have retaliated against or victimised someone in this way will be subject to action under the relevant disciplinary procedure.
- Information about a formal complaint by or about a member of staff or student may be placed on the person’s personnel or academic file, along with a record of the outcome and of any notes or other documents compiled during the process. 这些申请将按照学院的申请处理 隐私和数据保护政策.
All staff and students are responsible for upholding this policy and should act in accordance with the policy guidance in the course of their day-to-day work or study, 确保环境中其他工作人员的尊严, students, 游客也受到尊重. 无礼的行为是不能容忍的.
部门领导和同级人员, 具有重大监督职责者, 以及其他有责任或资历的人, 包括这些类别的学生, 有具体的责任. 这包括树立一个良好的个人榜样, 明确表示骚扰是不可容忍的, being familiar with, explaining, 并就这一政策和违反它的后果提供指导, 调查骚扰举报, 在适当的时候采取纠正措施, 并确保受害不会因为投诉而发生. Instances of harassment should be brought to the attention of an appropriate person in authority, 例如部门主管或高级学院官员.
Staff should also bring to the attention of their head of department any form of harassment or victimisation committed by third parties using College facilities (e.g. ag真人娱乐APP代表、承包商等.).
St Catherine’s is committed to promoting awareness and understanding of this policy (and the accompanying guidance) amongst staff and students, 并在其网站上公布了这些信息.
本政策及相关指导, which should be read in conjunction with the College’s Equal Opportunity Policy and Race Equality Policy, will be the subject of regular review by the Governing Body in consultation with other appropriate committees, 包括平等委员会.